WVASE Data Analysis Short Course
Day 1 : Intro to Ellipsometry
- Basic theory
Optical constants & oscillators
- Intro to WVASE modeling & analysis
- Substrates & transparent films
- EMAs, roughness & grading
Day 2: Absorption & GenOsc
- Point-by-point fitting
- Modeling with the GenOsc layer
- Analysis of semi-absorbing films
University of Texas at Austin
July 9-11, 2018 (Mon.-Wed.)
9am-5pm each day (Registration begins at 8:30am on July 9th)
The J.A. Woollam Company is proud to announce a data analysis course designed for WVASE software users. We will introduce the fundamentals of data analysis at a beginner to intermediate level. All details will be described using the latest WVASE software. Participants will work computer examples throughout all sessions.
If you use a different J.A. Woollam software package (i.e.CompleteEASE), please contact us for details regarding pertinent courses of interest for you.
Please note this short course requires participants to bring their own laptop.
Day 3: Intermediate Modeling & Advanced Topics
- Non-idealities: thickness non-uniformity, bandwidth, backsurface reflections & depolarization
- Strategies for absorbing films
- Transparent anisotropic films
- Multi-layer film analysis strategies
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport [AUS]