IR-VASE® Data Acquisition & Analysis Online Short Course
September 19, 21, 26, 28,
October 3, 5, 10, 12 – 2017
8 different sessions
Each session is 1.5 to 2 hours in length.
No charge to current IR-VASE® customers
IR ellipsometry data acquisition and analysis requires unique skills that are different than UV/visible wavelength ellipsometry. We are offering this Internet-based course to help our IR-VASE® customers develop these skills. The course will consist of an Introduction to Ellipsometry session on September 19th, followed by seven sessions – two sessions per week over a 3 week period.
The course will follow the WVASE32® Software Training Manual for IR-VASE, and will use a number of examples from that manual. PDF copies of the manual will be made available to participants. In addition to internet-sessions, students will receive relevant example data sets to practice. Homework can be sent to the instructor as an Environment file for review prior to the next session. Students who submit all the homework will receive Certificates of Participation.
Participants must have internet access to participate in the webinar so they can log onto the course via GoToTraining®. For audio, participants can either call one of the numbers provided by GoToTraining® at the time of the session, or access audio from their computer via a VoIP connection from GoToTraining®. Participants who are from the same organization/facility are welcome to participate from a conference room using a commonly shared computer, projector and audio connection.
Recordings of all sessions will made available to participants during the course and for a period afterwards.
For more information please contact Tom Tiwald at email@example.com
Register below to reserve your spot now. Space is limited.
Session 1: Introduction to Ellipsometry
- Light & polarization
- Light & materials
- Interfaces & films
- Intro to WVASE analysis software
Session 2: IR-VASE Sample Preparation & Data Acquisition
- IR-VASE Scan dialog box
- Choosing acquisition parameters
- Backside reflections & Backside roughening
- Beam size & masking
Session 3: Transparent & Absorbing Substrates
- Genosc layer for IR data
- Data simulation
- Surface Roughness
- Pt-by-pt fit
- Oscillators for Absorption
Session 4: Transparent & Absorbing Films
- Interpreting Ψ oscillations: index contrast & thickness
- Gaussian & Lorentz oscillators
- Point-by-point fit & Gen-Osc layer
Session 5: Free Carrier Effects (doping)
- Drude model
- Effect sensitivity for IR wavelengths
- Fitting doped substrates & layers
Session 6: Non-Ideal Samples & Measurements
- Measurement non-idealities: effects on Ψ & Δ
Session 7: Advanced Topics
- Multisample (Multi-dataset) Analysis
- Analysis of combined IR-VASE & UV-visible-NIR data
- Analysis of combined ellipsometric & transmission data
- Separate angle analysis example
Session 8: ANISOTROPY
- Ellipsometric measurement of anisotropic samples
- Building anisotropic models
- Phonons, TOLO factorized models and the WVASE User layer
- Multisample (Multi-dataset) analysis of anisotropic data